software development activities for the Positive Train Control (PTC) Communication System (“the communication system”). Within an Agile/Scrum development environment, design, develop, test, and maintain software for radio communication networks and the peripheral devices used in these networks. Primarily this involves firmware embedded in radio products and peripherals but could also include desktop computer applications for test or production support or for customer network applications.
The team is Familiar with wireless communications systems and peripheral components, with wide Understanding of communication network architectures and their implementation in software.
The team has expertise in:
- Developing embedded software using C and C++ on
- Expertise in ColdFire / ARM processor platforms (Cortex A53/A7/M4/R5) or similar embedded processors.
- Developing for real time operating systems (Free RTOS, etc.).
- Experience with embedded Linux development.
- Comfortable using basic hardware debugging tools such as Oscilloscopes or Logic Analysers.