Sun Smart has a strong expertise in software development activities for the Positive Train Control (PTC Communication System. Within an Agile/Scrum development environment, design, develop, test, and maintain software for radio communication networks and the peripheral devices used in these networks. Primarily this involves firmware as well as high level software embedded in radio products and peripherals but could also include desktop computer applications for test or production support or for customer network applications.
The team has expertise in
- Monitoring and diagnostic tools such as Wireshark, Linux diagnostic tools, etc. for software development
- Develop embedded software using C/C++/Linux
- STL and Object-Oriented Programming principals
- Create and apply methods to trap and analyze software defects with the use of various debuggers or JTAG
- Work as a team member within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Real time operating systems, protocol stacks (such as TCP/IP) and embedded Linux development.